- Full Photos
- Tour guide
Choquequirao trek classic 4 days, is one of the little crowded routes of Cusco but no less attractive than Machu Picchu, since Choquequirao is considered the Sister Citadel of Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Cusco - Cachora - Playa Rosalina - Santa Rosa
We will pick up you from your Hotel at 5.00 am in our private transport and drive towards Cachora (4 hours approx.) the starting point of the trek where we meet our horsemen and horses. Then we start our hike climbing for 2 hours approx. to Capuliyoc where may we enjoy beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. We continue after Capuliyoc, descending for two more hours to Chiquisca and our delicious lunch made by our chef. After lunch we keep going down the mountain until we reach Playa Rosalina campsite. After crossing the Apurimac River we start the climb to Santa Rosa, zigzagging up a steep slope (2 hours approx.) where those who wish may try Cambray the “typical drink” here, made locally from a sugar cane extract.
Day 2: Santa Rosa - Archaeological Site of ChoquequiraoWe will wake up for breakfast and so we can have an early departure from Santa Rosa. Afterwards, we continue our hike slowly climbing for 2 hours approx to Marampata.
Then we continue to enjoy this day we will dedicate ourselves exclusively to enjoying all the magic of history and splendor of Choquequirao, we will enjoy a complete guided tour of the Choquequirao complex, including a visit to the high parts (Hanan), and the lower parts (Urin). There will be time to know explore the site with its 8 sectors, its barns, houses and temples. You will see the three stages of the excavation of this late Inca-town: the excavated buildings and constructions; the ruins currently in the process of excavation and finally the unexplored areas and terraces with the secrets they may hold of this last refuge of the dying Inca empire. And throughout the day we will keep an eye to the sky for a glimpse of the majestic flight of condors. With luck on the high steep slopes of Chocuequirao, they can pass very close to you. We will enjoy our lunch and then we will return to our Maranpata campsite for rest.
Day 3: Choquequirao - Playa Rosalina - ChiquiscaThis morning we enjoy our delicious breakfast and start our 1 ½ hour walk back towards Maranpata and a descent to Playa Rosalina for lunch and a some relaxation time. After lunch we climb for 2 hours to Chiquisca campsite where dinner will be waiting for us.
In Chiquisca you can have a shower and eat some exotic local fruits from this area.
Day 4: Chiquiska - Cachora - CuscoWe leave camp after breakfast to start the two to three hours climb to Abra Capuliyoc. We will leave Chiquisca campsite early because the sun can be very strong after 10 am, so we plan to to arrive at Capuliyoc by then. Then it is an easy two hours more back to Cachora where we have our lunch. In the afternoon, we met our private transport which will be waiting to take us back to Cusco. Estimated arrival time around 5.00pm.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Pre-departure briefing in Cusco.
- Profesional bilingual Tour Guide.(2 guides for groups of over 10 people).
- Collection from your hotel in the morning of trek departure.
- Transport from Cusco to the trailhead at the beginning of the trek in private car
- Entry fee to Choquequirao
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people-capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort.
- Thermarest(air mat) sleeping mat.
- Camping equipment
- Chef and cooking equipment.
- Pack animals (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment)
- Pack animals to carry personal gear up to a maximum of 7kg per person (including sleeping bag)
- All meals 3 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners.
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill your water bottle every morning and night, and also at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead.
- Vegetarian/special diet options available.
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Private transport from Cachora to Cusco
NOT INCLUDED:Sleeping bag
Breakfast on first day.
Extra horse to ride or for any extra backpack.
Additional horses for passengers luggage.
What you need to take
- Original passport and Student card (ISIC) green card
- Insurance card is essential
- Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sleeping bag
- Warm jack
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Rain pants
- Sun hat, Bathing suit (for hot springs in santa teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent 40 % deet ( for mosquitos )
- Water bottle
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight)
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency (300 soles)
- Walking poles ( black diamont or leki brand) Optional items to take
- Short pants
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us.$15 usd the all trip.
- Sleeping bags $20 usd the all trip.
- Plaster and bandage.
SHARED GROUP SERVICE
02 Persons / $.540.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
03 Persons / $.530.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
04 Persons / $.510.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
05 Persons / $.490.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
06 Persons / $.470.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
08 to More Persons / $.450.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
DEPARTURE DAYS ARE ACCORDING TO PASSENGER REQUEST.
GROUP SIZE UP ON YOUR REQUEST for people who want a personalize and exclusive service.
All include + description down here.
Private groups include addditional services like 9 extra kilos of luggage care by our horses and trasportation, walking poles, extra food and wather along the trek.
PRICE PER ADULT PERSON $.640.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS. MINIMUN 2 PAX
PRICE PER STUDENT PERSON $.620.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS. MINIMUN 2 PAX
DEPARTURE DAYS ARE ACCORDING TO PASSENGER REQUEST.
Fill the form below
Mussum ipsum cacilds, vidis litro abertis.