- Full Photos
- Tour guide
This tour is an option thinking of people who like hiking and nature and do not have many days, on the route we will appreciate beautiful landscapes, crops of different products such as corn, avocado, squash and others that are produced in this Limatambo valley. The Humantay lagoon is located at 4180 meters above sea level with a turquoise coloration, and the Humantay or Apu Humantay peaks to be connected with nature.
CUSCO – SORAYPAMPA – HUMANTAY LAKE
We pick you up from your hotel or hostel between 4:00 to 4:20 in our private transport to go to Mollepata located north of Cusco, we will arrive in 2 hours approximately to this small town.
We arrived at Mollepata and enjoyed the delicious breakfast to start our adventure towards Humantay lake. We will continue in our private transport for approximately 1 more hour until Soraypampa which is located at 3900 m.s.n.m.
Our guide will give you some recommendations to start the trek to Humantay Lake located at 4200 m.s.n.m. Which is very close to the mountain Salkantay.
We start the hike to Humantay Lake for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes; Enjoying the beautiful views of the snowy mountains Salkantay and Humantay.
When we reach Laguna Humantay we will enjoy the beautiful turquoise lagoon. There you will take the best photos. Later you will enjoy a small snack watching the beautiful landscapes, continue the walk back to Soraypampa.
In Soraypampa, (optional) people will receive the bike and bicycle equipment and the necessary indications by our guide, so that they begin with the adventure of return until Mollepata.
Enjoy the adventure on bikes descending from 4000 m.s.n.m. At 2600 m.s.n.m. For about 2 hours until you reach the town of Mollepata.
In the afternoon we will arriving to Mollepata and enjoy a delicious lunch. After lunch we return to Cusco in our private transport. We will arrived in Cusco around 7:00 p.m.; We drop you at your hotel.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Information prior departure in Cusco.
- Professional Guide. (Bilingual) .
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning (we will pick you up from where you are).
- Guided Tour.
- Private transport to Soraypampa (starting point of the hike).
- Mountain bikes.
- Safety equipment for cycling
- Private transportation from Mollepata to Cusco.
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 1 lunch and 1 snack.
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Special vegetarian / diet options available
What you need to take
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco).
- Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended.
- Sandals or jogging shoes for a higher comfort while at camp.
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces. Thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping.
- A down jacket is especially recommended for this trek since it runs at high altitude and temperatures may easily drop below freezing in the evening and at nights.
- Flashlight/headlamp and batteries.
- Camera and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold.
- Sun block
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body.
- Toilet paper.
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc. Please note that we do provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it is not included in our selection
- Water container and water for the first morning.
Fill the form below
Mussum ipsum cacilds, vidis litro abertis.