- TREKS IN CUSCO
- Alternative route In Cusco
- Full Photos
- Tour guide
Choquequirao trek classic 4 days, is one of the little crowded routes of Cusco but no less attractive than Machu Picchu, since Choquequirao is considered the Sister Citadel of Machu Picchu.
Day 1: Cusco - Cachora - Playa Rosalina - Chiquisca
We Will Pick You Up From Your Hotel At 6:00 Am To Go For 4 Hours Until The Town Of San Pedro De Cachora, Place Where Begin The Trekking And We Will Meet With The Muleteers And The Horses (The Horses Only Will Carry Agency´S Equipment And Groceries).The 2 First Hours Will Be On Flat Surface, Observing Beautiful Andean Landscapes Until Arriving To The Capuliyoc Overview Place From Where We Will Have An Amazing View Of The Apurimac Canyon And Where We Will Have Lunch. We Will Continue Trekking Downhill For 3 More Hours Until Arriving To Our First Campsite Chiquisqa.
Day 2: Chiquisca - Archaeological Site of Choquequirao
We Will Wake Up At 6:00 Am And After A Tasty And Nutritive Breakfast; We Will Descend For Around 1 Hour Until Arriving To The Apurimac River (1550 M.A.S.L).From Where We Will Uphill For 4 Hours Crossing Through The Village Of Santa Rosa Where We Will Have The Opportunity To Taste Cane`S Juice And Typical Beverages Of The Place, Then We Will Continue Trekking Until Arriving To Marampata Where We Will Have Lunch And Resting Time. We Will Continue Trekking For 2 More Hours Until Our Second Campsite Which Is Located Very Near Of Choquequirao Where We Will Go In The Afternoon.
Day 3: Choquequirao - Playa Rosalina - Chiquisca
In The Morning, After Our Breakfast We Will Go To Explore The Archaeological Site Of Choquequirao, The Tour Leader Will Show Us The Most Remarkable And Outstanding Places Of The Complex. Around 11:00 Am We Will Downhill For 3 Hours Until Playa Rosalina Where We Will Have Lunch And Taking Rest, To Continue Trekking Uphill For More 2 Hours Until Arriving To Our Third Campsite Chiquisqa.
Day 4: Chiquiska - Cachora - Cusco
This Day Our Breakfast Will Be In The Dawn Due We Will Have A Very Demanding Ascent For Around 3 Hours Until Arriving To The Capuliyoc Overview Where We Will Have Time To Buy Some Beverages And Taking Rest. We Will Continue Trekking 2 More Hours On Flat Surface Until San Pedro De Cachora, Where We Will Have Lunch And Give Thanks To Our Muleteers And Cookers. We Will Come Back In Our Private Car To Cusco, Where Will Be At 19:00 Approximately. Hiking Distance: 19 Km / 10 Miles (6- Hours).
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Pick-up at your hotel in the morning of the trek departure
- Private transport from Cusco to Cachora (starting point of the trek) and Cacchora to Cusco
- Entry fee to Choquequirao and other Inca sites
- English speaking, experienced and professional guide
- Comfortable tents with two people in a four-person tent
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (optional vegetarian food with prior request)
- 1 emergency horse which can be ridden if you’re feeling exhausted
- All camping equipment such as: dining tent, table, chairs, kitchen tent and toilet tent
- Tent for our staff to sleep in
- First Aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Horses (for equipment and personal items) including horsemen
- Basic foam sleeping mattresses
- Private Guided tour at each archeological site
- 7 kilos of your personal items such as extra clothes and sleepingbag will be carried by our mules
- Boiled water for drinking and washing purposes
NOT INCLUDED:First breakfast.
Your personal stuff will be brought by you OPTION (rent 1 horse USD.40.00, ask availability)
What you need to take
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek
- Sleeping back.
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Rain pants and lightweight pants.
- Trekking shoes.
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen or synthetic socksand a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved polo’s/T-Shirts.
- Rainponcho cold and sun hat.
- Toilet paper
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel, water bottle and sterilizing tablets, toiletries and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries.
- Some snacks like chocolate bars and dry fruit.
- Original passport, original ISIC student card
- Extra money in soles (s/ 400.00 soles) emergency case and tips.
- Since the weather can be very cold and mostly, your clothes – once gotten wet – won’t dry at night. So take some clothes to change.
SHARED GROUP SERVICE
02 Persons / $.540.00 PER PERSON.
03 Persons / $.530.00 PER PERSON.
04 Persons / $.510.00 PER PERSON.
05 Persons / $.490.00 PER PERSON.
06 Persons / $.470.00 PER PERSON.
08 to More Persons / $.450.00 PER PERSON.