- Full Photos
- Tour guide
Salkantay trek express 5 days, is one of the most popular alternative treks after the classic Inca trail to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, in this route you will see one of the most important apus of Cusco.
DAY 1: CUSCO - MOLLEPATA - SORAYPAMPA
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco shortly after 4 a.m. to go by private van to Mollepata. This is a spectacular scenic drive through the Anta plains with beautiful and panoramic views across a vast plateau of the majestic Salkantay and other mountains covered with snow. Then marvel at the spectacular winding descent into the Valley of Apurimac River. After 2½ hours we stop in Mollepata to have breakfast and shop for last minute supplies. There will be time for leg-stretching or to use the bathrooms, before continuing to Marcocasa. There we will meet with our support staff. They will load the equipment on horses and mules. Around 8:30 a.m. we will start our trek toward Soraypampa (3900 meters above sea level) if we keep a regular pace we will take 4 hours approximately to reach Soraypampa for lunch at our first campsite. After lunch in the afternoon we have an option to go up to see Umantay Lake a glacial lake below the peak of Salkantay at (4200meters above sea level). This side tour takes 3 hours to hike back and forth from the camp. Alternatively, if we are moving at a slow pace; we will have lunch at halfway between Soraypampa and Marco Casa on our way to Soraypampa. Either way our camp will be at Soraypampa. Sleeping tents will be ready and we will have a warm delicious dinner in the evening.
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA - SALKANTAY PASS - HUAYRAMACHAY – CHAULLAYIn the morning we will wake you up with the coca tea at 5:30 a.m. and we will have a nutritious breakfast around 6 a.m. Today we will start the hardest day of the whole Salkantay trek. We will be walking up to the highest point of the trek. After 7 kilometers uphill through the magnificent landscape of rocky mountains, valleys and flood plain and changing views of Mount Salkantay above us. At the top of the trek we will have spectacular views of the mountains and the imposing snowy peaks of Salkantay (6245) meters above sea level, the second highest mountain of the Cusco region. Then we go 2 hours downhill around 1:00 p.m. to where we will have our delicious Peruvian lunch, in the area called Huayracmachay. Afterward we continue our hike approximately 3 hours downhill to our camp in Chaullay (2900 meters above sea level) or Colcapampa (3000 meters above sea level). The sleeping tents and warm wash water will be ready and waiting for you. Then after a well-earned hot meal we will retire to our tents for a well-deserved sleep.
DAY 3: CHAULLAY - COLLPAPAMPA - LA PLAYA - LUCMABAMBAAround 6.30am, we start trekking through the high jungle crossing the Lluskamayo valley with its rich variety of flora and fauna to reach La Playa (Sahuayaco) after about 6 hours. We will pass through valleys and have wonderful views of waterfalls, tropical fruits and plants. You will taste the famous passion fruit or granadilla. We will have lunch when we arrive at La Playa. After lunch our horses will go back to Mollepata while we go on to Lucmabamba Campsite where we will spend the night. Here you can choose to go on our coffee tour or opt for a bus drive to Santa Teresa to enjoy the natural hotspring it is famous for. (Bus fares and entrance fees to the natural hot spring is not included in this tour), (coffee tour Is included).
DAY 4: SANTA TERESA - HIDROELECTRYC - AGUAS CALIENTESWe will have our delicious breakfast at 6 a.m. Then we will walk for about 3 hours up to Llactapata and along the original Inka Trail to Llactapata. From this beautiful archeological site we will be able to see part of Machu Picchu and into the amazing Urubamba valley. Afterwards we have another 3 hours down hill until we arrive to the hydrolectric where we are going to have lunch. Then we will walk for 3 more hours or take a 45 minute train ride to Aguas Calientes to your hotel. After you have settled in we will get together for dinner and a briefing on how to get the most out of your visit to Machu Picchu tomorrow.
DAY 5: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU - OLLANTAYTAMBO - CUSCOAfter an early breakfast at the hotel you will walk 1 hour 30 minutes or take bus up to Machu Picchu, so we can be the first ones into Machu Picchu to enjoy the sunrise. You will have a private 2 hour guided tour followed by free time in which you will be able to go on to explore Machu Picchu by yourself. If you have booked the Huayna Picchu in advance climb or the walk up Machu Picchu mountain this is the time for you to set off.
Afterward Machu Picchu you will go back down to Aguas Calientes town to catch the train to Ollantaytambo. There our private van will meet you and take you back to Cusco and drop you off at your hotel or hostel.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Pre-departure briefing in Cusco.
- Profesional bilingual Tour Guide.(2 guides for groups of over 10 people).
- Collection from your hotel in the morning (we pick you up from where you are staying)
- Private transport to Marcocasa (starting point of the trek)
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and a safe of backpacks.
- Thermarest(air mat) sleeping mat.
- Camping equipment (tent, cooking and eating tent. chairs and tables)
- Chef and cooking equipment.
- Pack animals (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment) – days 1 to 4
- Pack animals to carry personal gear up to a maximum of 9kg per person (sleeping bag) – days 1 to 4
- 1 night accommodation in a hostal Aguas Calientes(private room, hot shower, tv, wi fi)
- Entrance fee Machu Picchu.
- Tourist train back to ollantaytambo ( expedition service at 14:30 pm,18:45pm leaving from Aguas calientes).
- Private Van from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- All meals: 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, happy hour before dinner ) and 4 dinners.
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill your water bottle every morning and night, and also at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead.
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Vegetarian/special diet options available
NOT INCLUDED:Entrance fees to Huaynapicchu .( if you take this entrance it will be charge 25 american dollars to the original price).
Entrance fees to Machu Picchu Montaña .( if you take this entrance it will be charge 25 american dollars to the original price).
Train tickets from Aobamba(Hidroelectric) to Aguas Calientes.
Lunch on the last day in aguas calientes
Entrances to the hot spring waters or transportation to get there.
Extra horse to ride or for any extra backpack.
Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu on day 5.
SHARED GROUP SERVICE
02 Persons / $.490.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
03 Persons / $.480.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
04 Persons / $.460.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
05 Persons / $.440.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
06 Persons / $.420.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
08 to More Persons / $.400.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
DEPARTURE DAYS ARE ACCORDING TO PASSENGER REQUEST.
GROUP SIZE UP ON YOUR REQUEST for people who want a personalize and exclusive service.
All include + description down here .
Private groups include addditional services like horses to ride and carry personal belongs, nice train (vistadome), Hotel *** in Aguas calientes “la cabaña”, bus up and down to rich Machu Picchu, walking poles , extra food and wather along the trek.
PRICE PER PERSON $.660.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS. MINIMUN 2 PAX
PRICE PER STUDENT PERSON $.640.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS. MINIMUN 2 PAX
DEPARTURE DAYS ARE ACCORDING TO PASSENGER REQUEST.
What you need to take
- Original passport and Student card (ISIC) green card
- Insurance card is essential
- Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sleeping bag
- Warm jack
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Rain pants
- Sun hat, Bathing suit (for hot springs in santa teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent 40 % deet ( for mosquitos )
- Water bottle
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight)
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency (300 soles)
- Walking poles ( black diamont or leki brand) Optional items to take
- Short pants
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us.$15 usd the all trip.
- Sleeping bags $20 usd the all trip.
- Plaster and bandage.
Fill the form below
Mussum ipsum cacilds, vidis litro abertis.