- TREK TO MACHU PICCHU
- Alternative route to Machu Picchu
- Full Photos
- Tour guide
Salkantay trek express 4 days, is one of the most popular alternative treks after the classic Inca trail to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, in this route you will see one of the most important apus of Cusco.
DAY 1: CUSCO - MOLLEPATA - SORAYPAMPA - CHAULLAY
We Start To Pick Up You On The Hotel Around 05:00 Am, The Bus Driving Taking 4 Hours To Anta – Mollepata Through The Bus Is Clearly To See The White Snowcapped Mountain Like Salkantay And Huamantay The Holy Gods Of The Incas, The Spectacular Scenic On The Upper Part And Lower Valleys With Colorful Landscape. Two Hours Driving At Head The First Stop In Mollepata Town There Are Toilet Facilities, Souvenirs And Optional Short Breakfast, To Soon Continue At Challacancha The Trail Head. There We Will Meet With Our Support Staff. There We Will Organize All The Equipment, Horses And Mules. Around 9:30 A.M. We Will Star Our Trek To Soraypampa (3900 M.A.S.L) The First Section Of The Path Are Paved Rock Trail There Are The Old Water Channel Still Supply To New Habitants, The Begin Is 9 Km In 3 Hours To Soraypampa The Lunch Place As Well Base Camp, After Lunch And Nap To Continued Hiking Up To The Humantay Lake (4200masl) 5 Km In 3 Hours Round Trip, Bottom The Glacier The Most Spectacular Views To The Back Ground Valley And Sunset, Soraypampa Is Located On The Middle Of The Glaciers Valleys At Night Clear Appreciate The Constellation On The Sky.
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA - CHAULLAY
Early Wake Up With The First Daylight At 05:30 Am To Packing The Staff, Breakfast And Soon To Start Hiking Up To The Highest Point Of The Trail Salkantay Pass (4650 Masl – 15,255 Ft) The Distance Is 7 Km In 3 Hours, On The Ascent Through The Between The Rocky Valley Bottom The Magnificent Salkantay Mountay (6200 Masl – 20,341 Ft). We Reach The Top Of The Trek. We Will Appreciate Spectacular Views Of The Mountains And The Imposing Snowy Peaks Of The Salkantay, Humantay, Tucarhuay And Pumasillo, Salkantay Is Considerate The Second Highest Mountain Of The Cusco Region And One Of The Incas God Called “Apu”. Get The Top Is The Most Ancient Time On The Trek, 2 Hours Downhill On The Serpent Trail And Gravel Rocky Path To Get Huayracmachay Lunch Spot, On The Afternoon Entrance To The Upper Part Of The Amazone Jungle As Well Called “Cloud Forest” 9 Km In 3 Hours On The Wide Trail In The Thick Forest Are Decorate The Hills With Colorful Sceneries And The Wild Life And Native Plant, Mostly Of The Year Weather Is Warmed And Temperate To Finally Arrived To Chaullay Village (2900 Masl – 9,514 Ft) The Base Camp Into The Jungle.
DAY 3: CHAULLAY - AGUAS CALIENTES
Around 6:00 Am; We Will Start Our Trek To La Playa Through The Santa Teresa Valley. We Will Hike 6 Hours Approximately During The Hike Will See: Water Fall, Orchids, Coffee, Banana, Avocado Plantations And We Will Taste The Famous Passion Fruit Or Granadilla And Also We Will See A Village Call Colpapampa Also Call The “Forest Cloudy Brow” Where Waterfalls, Thermal Hot Springs, Fruit-Bearing Trees, Varied Flora, And Birds Can Be Observed. If We Are Lucky, We Will Be Able To See The Famous Bird Called “The Cock Of The Rocks”. After Lunch At La Playa, We Will Catch A Local Transportation To Hidroelectrica Train Station. Here We Have Two Options If You Are Exhausted You May Take A Train To Aguas Calientes. Or You May Walk From Hidroelectrica To Aguas Calientes Town About 3 Hours Along The Train Track. Once In Aguas Calientes Town; We Are Going To The Accommodation Which Is Included In The Tour Then By 7:00 We Will Have Dinner At The Local Restaurant. This Is Cover By The Company. Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Overnight: In Aguas Calientes At The Hotel Which Included In The Package.
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU!!!
The Ancient Day On The Trek, Early Wake Up On The Hotel Is Better For Visit Machupicchu, We Suggestion Start Early Visit Machupicchu The Check Point Is Open From (6:00 Am Until 17:00 Pm) Optional Going Up By Bus Or Foot, On The Morning Look Empty The City With Less Tourist The First 2 Hours Guiding Tour In The City, (Temples, Palaces, Priest House, Sundial, Industrial Sector And Farming Fields) After That Is Start Your Free Time To Climbing Up To Huaynapicchu Or Machupicchu Mountain (Book In Advance To Get Your Ticket) Both Mountains Hiking Time Taking 3 Hours Approx. Or Trekking To The Sun Gate The Main Entrance Of The Inka Trail, Therefore You’ll Stay And Enjoy The City For More Than 7 Hours On The Afternoon We Organized The Train (18:30 Pm) Back Form Aguas Calientes To Ollantaytambo And Then Bus Driving To Cusco To Arrive At 20:00 Pm Approx. The Bus Drops You Off At Your Hotel In Cusco.
Please Note: We Always Do Everything In Our Power To Follow The Set Itinerary, However It Can Change Occasionally Based On Temporary Park Restrictions, Campsite Availability, Weather, Road Closures, Guest Ability/Injury, And Natural Events Like Fires And Flooding.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Profesional bilingual tour guide
- First day andean ceremony, offering to the mother earth
- Maximum number of paxs 10 paxs
- Colection from your hotel (we pick you up from where you are staying)
- Private transport to Mollepata Markocasa ( trailhead)
- Tourist train back to ollantaytambo ( expedition service can be at ,18:35pm or 21:30 pm leaving from Aguas calientes).
- Private transport back from Ollamtaytambo to Cusco
- Entrance fee Machu Picchu
- Food: *3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners
- Cook service (vegetarian food on request
- 3-people tents capacity jus for two paxs only to have more space to store your luggage ( 4season tent)
- Camping equipment (tent, cooking and eating tent. Chairs and tables)
- Thermarest(air mat) sleeping mat
- Horseman , mules or porters (they just carry cooking stuff and camping equipment)
- 7 kilos of your personal belongins to be carry by the horses
- 1 night accommodation in a hostal Aguas Calientes(private room,cable tv, wi fi)
- First Aid kit
NOT INCLUDED:Entrance fees to Waynapicchu.( $10 usd extra)
Breakfast on first day and lunch on the last day in agues calientes
Entrances to the hot spring waters or transportation to get there (15 soles round trip ) Aguas calientes(10 soles)
Bus ticket from Aguas calientes to Machu Picchu (optional) $ 20 usd round trip ( one way $10 usd and you can buy it at the Aguas Calientes bus station).
Extra horse to ride or for any extra backpack.$ 120 usd 3 days.(you can share with other person.
Note: if you need something to hire from us, we will for you, without any deposit (because most of the rent camping shops use to ask like 50 or 60 dollars for anything you want to take.
What you need to take
- Original passport and Student card (ISIC) green card
- Insurance card is essential
- Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sleeping bag
- Warm jack
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Rain pants
- Sun hat, Bathing suit (for hot springs in santa teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent 40 % deet ( for mosquitos )
- Water bottle
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight)
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency (300 soles)
- Walking poles ( black diamont or leki brand) Optional items to take
- Short pants
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us.$15 usd the all trip.
- Sleeping bags $20 usd the all trip.
- Plaster and bandage.