- Full Photos
- Tour guide
Salkantay trek express 4 days, is one of the most popular alternative treks after the classic Inca trail to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, in this route you will see one of the most important apus of Cusco.
DAY 1: CUSCO - MOLLEPATA - SORAYPAMPA - CHAULLAY
This day we leave Cusco early (about 4am) and drive for approximately 3 ½ hrs to Soraypampa where we will start the hardest day of the whole Salkantay trek 4 days 3 nights. We will be walking 7.5km to the highest point of the trek, enjoying magnificent panoramas of snow-capped mountains on the way. Once we reach the top we will have spectacular views of the sacred mountain, Salkantay. At 6245 metres it is the second highest mountain in the Cusco region. After 2 hours downhill we will have our delicious lunch around 1:00 p.m. in Huayracmachay. Then we continue approximately 3 hours downhill to our camp in Chaullay or Collpapampa (2900 metres) where your tent will be ready and waiting for you with a bowl of hot water for washing up. Then there is time to rest, nap or write. Around 7 p.m. we will have happy hour, dinner. Then we’re off to bed and a well-earned sleep.
DAY 2: CHAULLAY - LUCMABAMBAAround 6.30am, we start with our breakfast before beginning our trek through the high jungle. We cross the Lluskamayo valley and a variety of little brooks to reach La Playa (Sahuayaco) trekking about 6 hours. You will pass through wonderful landscapes and see waterfalls, rivers, beautiful plants and orchids. At La playa (Sahuayaco) we’ll have our lunch and the horses will go back to Mollepata. After lunch and another 30 minutes uphill you will reach our campsite at Lucmabamba. The afternoon is free for you to enjoy our coffee tour or, as an optional extra, take a local van to Santa Teresa to soak in the natural hot spring optional extra. At the end of the day we have our happy hour, dinner and then a briefing for the next day.
DAY 3: LUCMABAMBA - AGUAS CALIENTESWe will have our delicious breakfast at 6 am and leave our campsite. After about 5 minutes you will step onto the original Inka Trail, and for the next 3 hours you will follow this historic trail to the summit for your first view of Machu Picchu across the valley. Then we will descend to our lunch spot by the Hydrolectric Station. After lunch we will walk 3 more hours or take a train for 45 minutes to Aguas Calientes where your beautiful hotel and dinner will be waiting for you.
DAY 4: AGUAS CALIENTES - MACHU PICCHU!!!Early morning, after the breakfast at the Hotel, you will go up by walking or you can take the bus to Machu Picchu where you meet with our Tour Guide for a private introductory tour of the Citadel. For the next 2 hours you will learn of the history, the structure and the stories of this important World Wonder. Then you will have free time to take pictures, relax and explore Machu Picchu by yourself. If you have reserved a climb up Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, our Tour Guide show you where you start.
After exploring Machu Picchu, you will walk or take a bus down to Aguas Calientes. There you will collect your luggage at the Hotel and board the train to Ollantaytambo. When you arrive at Ollantaytambo, you will transfer to a van for a ride back to Cusco by van where you will be dropped off at your hotel or hostel.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Pre-departure briefing in Cusco.
- Profesional bilingual Tour Guide.(2 guides for groups of over 10 people).
- Collection from your hotel in the morning (we pick you up from where you are staying).
- Private transportation to Soraypampa (starting point of the trek).
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people-capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks.
- Thermarest(air mat) sleeping mat.
- Camping equipment (tent, cooking and eating tent. chairs and tables).
- Chef and cooking equipment.
- Pack animals (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment) – days 1 to 3
- Pack animals to carry personal gear up to a maximum of 9kg per person (including sleeping pad and sleeping bag) – days 1 to 3
- 1 night accommodation in Aguas Calientes(private room,hot shower, tv, wi fi)
- Entrance fee Machu Picchu
- Tourist train back to ollantaytambo (expedition service at 14:30 pm,18:45pm leaving from Aguas calientes).
- Private transport back from Ollantaytambo to Cusco.
- All meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon snacks (hot drinks, biscuits and popcorn) and 3 dinners.
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill your water bottle every morning and night, and also at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Vegetarian/special diet options available
NOT INCLUDED:Entrance fees to Huaynapicchu .( if you take this entrance it will be charge 25 american dollars to the original price).
Entrance fees to Machu Picchu Montaña .( if you take this entrance it will be charge 25 american dollars to the original price).
Train tickets from Aobamba(Hidroelectric) to Aguas Calientes.
Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu on day 4.
Breakfast on first day and lunch on the last day in aguas calientes
Entrances to the hot spring waters or transportation to get there.
Extra horse to ride or for any extra backpack.
What you need to take
- Original passport and Student card (ISIC) green card
- Insurance card is essential
- Hiking water proof boots (with ankle protectors )
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Sleeping bag
- Warm jack
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Rain pants
- Sun hat, Bathing suit (for hot springs in santa teresa and Aguas Calientes)
- Sun protection cream ( factor 35 recommended ) sun is strong
- Insect Repellent 40 % deet ( for mosquitos )
- Water bottle
- Water purification tablets (Micropur recommended)
- Toilet paper
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries (flashlight)
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency (300 soles)
- Walking poles ( black diamont or leki brand) Optional items to take
- Short pants
- Walking poles (with rubber tips) they can also be hired from us.$15 usd the all trip.
- Sleeping bags $20 usd the all trip.
- Plaster and bandage.
Fill the form below
Mussum ipsum cacilds, vidis litro abertis.