- Full Photos
- Tour guide
Cusco Rainbow Mountain 1 day tour, a wonderful natural landscape, located at 5020 meters above sea level, in the community of Vinicunca to the south of Cusco, It takes the name of rainbow mountain Peru thanks to the colors it possesses, a magical place surrounded by mountains and glaciers Never seen before; Come and be part of this adventure, Rainbow Mountain Peru awaits you!
The Rainbow Mountain Peru is available in Group or Private Service
Rainbow Mountain Peru – The Best Day Trips From Cusco
The tour starts from your hotel in Cusco at 4:00 am in the morning, then our great adventure will start in the direction to the Mountain of 7 Colors. We will travel by bus for 3 hours in our tourist transport until arriving at the community Cusipata where we will have a delicious breakfast before to continue with the dirt road for 30 minutes more, during the trip, we will be able to observe beautiful landscapes, canyons and beautiful glaciers as The Ausangate.
Once we arrive at the final stop for our van, we will start hiking and After walking for 1.30 hours we will arrive at our destination, Vinicunca Mountain (5.020m / 16.466 ft.), Where we will have free time to enjoy the beauty of the mountain, take pictures, enjoy a snack or just relax.
After enjoying the rainbow mountain one of the best Day Trips From Cusco, we will start the walk back to the parking and the to community of Cusipata where we will have a delicious lunch and then return to the imperial city of Cusco.
Ending our tour, we will return to Cusco where our transportation will take us to the city centre (04:30 pm) or if it is in private service, to your respective hotel.
END OF OUR SERVICES
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Professional guides (Spanish and English).
- Tourist Transportation and Professional Driver.
- Breakfast and Lunch.
- First aid kit and oxygen balloon.
- Entrance Ticket.
- Walking sticks.
NOT INCLUDED:Emergency horse, round trip (30.00 USD)
Services not mentioned.
Water and snack.
What you need to take
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco).
- Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended.
- Sandals or jogging shoes for a higher comfort while at camp.
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces. Thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping.
- A down jacket is especially recommended for this trek since it runs at high altitude and temperatures may easily drop below freezing in the evening and at nights.
- Flashlight/headlamp and batteries.
- Camera and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold.
- Sun block
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body.
- Toilet paper.
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc. Please note that we do provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it is not included in our selection
- Water container and water for the first morning.
02 Persons group / $.100.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
03 Persons group / $.80.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
04 Persons group / $.75.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
05 Persons group / $.70.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
06 Persons group / $.65.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
08-More Persons group / $.60.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
– February (NOT GOOD SEASON TO GO)
– MARCH 2021: 7,9,11,14,16,18,21,23,25,28,30.
– APRIL 2021: 1,4,6,8,11,13,15,18,20,22,25,27,29
– MAY 2021: 2,4,6,9,11,13,16,18,20,23,25,27,30.
– JUNE 20121: 1,3,6,8,10,13,15,17,20,22,24,27,29.
– JULY 2021: 1,4,6,8,11,13,15,18,20,22, 25,27,29.
– AUGUST 2021: 1,3,5,8,10,12,15,17,19,22,24, 26,29,31.
– SEPTEMBER 2021: 2,5,7,9,12,14,16,19,21, 26,28,30
– OCTOBER 2021: 3,5,7,10,12,14,17,19,21, 24,26,28,31.
– NOVEMBER 2020: 2,4,7,9,11,14,16,18,21, 23,25,28,30
– DECEMBER 2020: 2,5,7,9,12,14,16,19,21, 23,26,28,30
– JANUARY 2021: 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21, 23,25,27,29,30
Steps you need to follow to book with CUSCO ANDEAN TOURS:
1. Check availability (send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Send us your booking form
3. PayPal (e-mail to send your deposit email@example.com ) 20 American Dollars. Guarantee your tickets and organization.
4. Confirm you received our invoice summary and tour confirmation.
5. One day before departure you must come to our office to pay the balance and get you brifing for next day. (if you don't come to our travel company or request we meet you at you hotel by e-mail or phone call we will assume you will not go in the tour.
Note: office is open : Monday - Saturday: 9:00 - 13:00 . 15:00- 19:00.
Sunday: 9:00 - 13:00.
How long does it take to hike Rainbow Mountain?
The way up takes between 1.5 to 2 hours on a gradual uphill trail. If you take the same way down, your return will be about 1.5 hours. If you return through the Red Valley it will take about 2 hours.
When is the best time to go?
The best time to go is typically the dry season, from May to November. However, the trek is available year-round and can offer various benefits throughout the year.
Do I need to bring my passport for this tour?
No. You do not need to bring a physical copy of your passport. However, it is always beneficial to have a copy of your passport or a photo stored on your phone in case of an emergency.
What type of transportation do you use?
Our fleet consists only of Sprinter Mercedes Benz, modern minibuses, that feature a Machu Picchu Reservations logo and has all the documentation required by the national authorities. The vehicles are maintained daily and kept in good, clean condition.
Will the altitude affect me?
Each person reacts differently to altitude. If you plan to hike the Salkantay trail, we recommend arriving 2 or 3 days before the start the trek to acclimate. You can use this time to rest, enjoy the city, or complete other day tours.
What can I do to prevent altitude sickness?
Arriving in Cusco at least two days before your trek and drinking lots of water can help to prevent altitude sickness. You may also want to try coca tea, which naturally helps with the effects of altitude. Coca tea can be ordered at almost any cafe, restaurant, or hotel, or can be prepared by boiling water with dried coca leaves. We also recommend eating light food the day before the trek and taking any medications prescribed by a doctor.
How do I reserve a space for the rainbow mountain?
Just click on the “Book Now” button below and fill out all the required information. One of our sales advisors will contact you immediately and once you place your deposit, we’ll send you a confirmation email. You can also contact a specialist by WhatsApp at +51 986 888 910 .
Do you require a deposit?
Yes. We require a booking deposit of $20 USD for the Rainbow Mountain tour. However, if you cancel the tour within a 24-hour notice, we will provide a 100% refund or reschedule your trip. If you do not cancel within 24-hours, the deposit will not be refunded.
What happens after I make my deposit?
Once we confirm the deposit, we will send you a confirmation email with all of the details of your tour.
Can I go by horse to the Rainbow Mountain?
Yes, you can go by horse to the mountain of colors, you can rent horses directly from the local people, which typically costs between 60 and 80 Soles per person.
How long will I stay in the rainbow mountain?
We usually spend about one hour at the rainbow mountain viewpoint. However, this depends on the group pace and weather conditions.