- Full Photos
- Tour guide
On Rainbow Mountain Hike, you will see quaint villages, beautiful adobe style houses, herds of llamas and alpacas and you will have magnificent views of the Ausangate Glacier (6,385 m / 20,945 ft), the highest mountain in the Cusco region.
RAINBOW MOUNTAIN HIKE
Early in the morning (about 3:30 am,) we will be at your hotel or hostel to pick you up. Please make sure you are ready and waiting in the lobby for our guide or driver who is going to look for you. After youaboard our private transportation, we will drive to Pitumarka where we will have the chance to stop for some picture, relax a little and stretch our legs, there is a small shop where you can buy some snacks or water before start our Rainbow Mountain day hike.
After stopping at Pitumarka we will continue until Quesuno. there we will organize everything before starting our Vinicunca hike. Then we will enjoy a delicious local breakfast and start our adventure to the famous Rainbow Mountain. There is 13 km of trekking. Uphill followed by 6 km over flat land that will take us to our goal called Rainbow Mountain or Vinicunca Mountain which is located at 5100 meter about sea level where we will enjoy the spectacular panoramic views across the ancient valleys Ausangate. We will show you a good place to stop and enjoy the flight of the condor and see walk wild Llamas, Alpacas and Vicuñas .
After this we will turn back on the same trail, This time it will be easier because most of the trail is easy sailing---downhill! Once we get back to Quesuno, we will have a lunch then we will take our transportation back to Cusco where we will drop you off at you hotel or hostel.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Pre-departure briefing in Cusco
- Professional bilingual Tour Guide.(2 guides for groups over 16 people)
- Pick-up from your hotel in the morning
- Private transport to starting point of the trek
- Private transport back to Cusco
- Local Breakfast and Lunch
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Entrance fees to Rainbow Mountain
NOT INCLUDED:Extra horse to ride or for any extra backpack.
Personal trekking gear
Tip for Guides or Extra horse man.
02 Persons group / $.100.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
03 Persons group / $.80.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
04 Persons group / $.75.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
05 Persons group / $.70.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
06 Persons group / $.65.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
08-More Persons group / $.60.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
SHARED GROUP SERVICE
01 Person/ $.50.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
02 Persons / $.45.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
04 Persons / $.40.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
05 Persons / $.35.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
06 to More Persons / $.30.00 AMERICAN DOLLARS PER PERSON.
– February (NOT GOOD SEASON TO GO)
– MARCH 2017: 7,9,11,14,16,18,21,23,25,28,30.
– APRIL 2017: 1,4,6,8,11,13,15,18,20,22,25,27,29
– MAY 2017: 2,4,6,9,11,13,16,18,20,23,25,27,30.
– JUNE 2017: 1,3,6,8,10,13,15,17,20,22,24,27,29.
– JULY 2017: 1,4,6,8,11,13,15,18,20,22, 25,27,29.
– AUGUST 2017: 1,3,5,8,10,12,15,17,19,22,24, 26,29,31.
– SEPTEMBER 2017: 2,5,7,9,12,14,16,19,21, 26,28,30
– OCTOBER 2017: 3,5,7,10,12,14,17,19,21, 24,26,28,31.
– NOVEMBER 2017: 2,4,7,9,11,14,16,18,21, 23,25,28,30
– DECEMBER 2017: 2,5,7,9,12,14,16,19,21, 23,26,28,30
– JANUARY 2018: 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,21, 23,25,27,29,30
Steps you need to follow to book with CUSCO ANDEAN TOURS:
1. Check availability (send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Send us your booking form
3. PayPal (e-mail to send your deposit email@example.com ) 20 American Dollars. Guarantee your tickets and organization.
4. Confirm you received our invoice summary and tour confirmation.
5. One day before departure you must come to our office to pay the balance and get you brifing for next day. (if you don't come to our travel company or request we meet you at you hotel by e-mail or phone call we will assume you will not go in the tour.
Note: office is open : Monday - Saturday: 9:00 - 13:00 . 15:00- 19:00.
Sunday: 9:00 - 13:00.
What you need to take
- A backpack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the trek Rain gear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco).
- Strong footwear, waterproof trekking boots recommended.
- Sandals or jogging shoes for a higher comfort while at camp.
- Warm clothes, including jacket, fleeces. Thermal clothing is also recommended, especially for sleeping.
- A down jacket is especially recommended for this trek since it runs at high altitude and temperatures may easily drop below freezing in the evening and at nights.
- Flashlight/headlamp and batteries.
- Camera and batteries (batteries consume more quickly under cold conditions)
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun, rain and cold.
- Sun block
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body.
- Toilet paper.
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc. Please note that we do provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it is not included in our selection
- Water container and water for the first morning.
Fill the form below
Mussum ipsum cacilds, vidis litro abertis.